Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolution?! More like Dissolution...

As the title states, let's talk about the over-hyped, just because "it's a new year's" RESOLUTION that most people set for themselves. (If you don't understand my reference in the title, god help our education system). Don't get me wrong, I don't knock on people that give themselves goals. And I don't knock the fact that they choose to do so at this time. But what I dislike about this idea will be illustrated in the following example.

Let's say I am determined to improve the way I eat and have set it as my new year's resolution back when it was October. Seriously?!? why can't I just start changing my eating habits right then and there in October? I'll tell you why, because I'm not ready (mentally), I'm prolonging the inevitable failure, and I'm going to stuff my face with obesity inducing foods that America is so abundantly stocked with. This is the honest truth. Things within people's immediate capabilities are what upset me, but I think it's because I hold myself to such a standard that it frustrates me when others can't. It's always been the weakness I tell people during interviews. I'm sure there are other factors such and monetary adjustments to eat healthier, which sucks... or "I'm going to finish off the junk food I still have because I can't waste food" (in which I fully support, being Buddhist, you go to hell for that shit #ai yi da FUCK'ed).

There are much more addictive habits that exist and setting dates at a later time might allow people to mentally prepare themselves for it. Let me illustrate this point. I use to be a cigarette smoker. I smoked for 7 years up until 2009. My goal was actually to stop on my birthday in 2008, but as I just mentioned earlier, I was not mentally and physically ready for it. Disappointed in myself for being a punk, I set it for January 1st, 2009. I did it though, I quit cold turkey for 2 years. Then shit got kinda hectic in 2011 and I picked it back up. Disappointed in me? Some were... But fuck it, YOLO my dudes. Don't worry, I've decided to quit again and I've been off of it Since the 1st. I'm pretty disciplined so I think it'll be okay.

Hmmm, do I have any other goals... Let me think about that one. Oh I do! I'm not getting any younger, despite looking like a 19 y/o at my age, and I think it's time to settle down in a serious committed relationship. Since you can't rush love, and looking or having it find you might not align with your calendar, I'm just going to let it happen. In the mean time, I intend on focusing all my efforts on care-free, gluttonous fornication with the absence of procreation. Ladies, get at me. #I'mawhore

I don't have any other resolutions, but I'd like to know what some of yours are. Hit me up @O_Mega_Tron on twitter! or leave a comment, do what you gotta and tell me what you're changing about yourself or your life for 2012.

If you can succeed, congrats to you. If you give up, just set a more realistic goal. But keep this in mind..

The world supposedly ends in 2012, so... you have like under 12 months to do what you can. Go figure, I'm ready to have a serious relationship right before we're suppose to die.

"got my other bitch fucking with my other bitch, fucking all night, nigga we ain't celibate" - Tyga

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo whats up Tron, JWallstreet here. I am known as the erotic prince (Self-Proclaimed) and in some circles I am known as the erectile-dysfunctional prince(I suffer from over swelling). My new year resolutions are to make what is self-proclaimed common knowledge and to curve southern blood flow to normal or slightly above normal levels. So if I can get at least one of those to pan out, I think I'll be in great shape.

    ReplyDelete