Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reconnections and New connections

How is everyone doing so far this year? Resolutions still going strong I hope! Can't complain here. Work is work, the gym is the gym and that's all I do. I find myself still very reclusive in my new work environment. There are plenty of really nice and outgoing people, but I can't seem to find any justification to make friends pass the point of acquaintances. I want to go to work, update my blog and watch youtube clips. All from my phone of course, using work equipment is inappropriate (not to mention trackable).

Oddly enough, my presence at the gym is much more the "big guy on campus" in comparison to work, where I'm more of the new dorky transfer student. I guess its because I'm always there. I play basketball every afternoon with these guys. And I think I'm doing well so far seeing as how people tell me how much they like playing basketball on my team. I mean, I'm alright...

I guess I subconciously keep my distance from everyone where I am now. So knowing this, any ladies out there in the Ventura area looking for meaningless "casual encounters" as I like to call them, without all the strings and shit, get at me. #shamelessplug

I did want to talk about something refreshing that happened to me during this past winter break. I'm into cars, not excessively and definitely not in a "mechanophile" type way either (they F@#K cars). Long story short, I finally met up with a buddy to check out his vehicle and it really inspired me to get all the things I wanted to get done to my car, actually rolling. So I will keep you updated with the progress on that. If you want to know what car I have, get at me with a comment here or @O_Mega_Tron on twitter. (If you haven't noticed yet, I really want to be interactive with people that float through and get a chance to read "Diary of an Exiled Prince (self proclaimed)"). All my friends already know what I drive, but a big THANK YOU still goes out to all of them for their unwaivering support.

Along with my rejuvenated love for cars, I wanted to let everyone know of my recently acquired interest in guns. I was able to visit a shooting range this past weekend, and I must say... There's something absolutely invigorating about firing a weapon. When I say invigorating, it's a combination of excitement and deer in headlights type fright. I'm absolutely horrible as it stands, but by the time Zombies appear, I think I'll be in good shape.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I gotta say it was a good day." - Ice Cube

No comments:

Post a Comment