Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ching Chong maka Hoi

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!!!!
Apologies for being MIA for the last couple of weeks. Works really picked up for me and I find myself actually busy. But every now and then, I like to slip away and have the company pay me to blog.

Back to the topic:
As the Chinese would say - cung he phat choi, kung hei fat choy or however those zany Chinese spell it.
The Vietnamese would say - chuc mung nam moi

And that's all the research I cared to do for this topic. In either case, why did I set my title as it is? Simply because I want to cater to the masses, and to most folks, it sounds all the same anyways.

I already know a majority, actually... all the people that read this are Asian. So I really don't need to get into details about the holiday itself.

But I did find it interesting to see which other countries celebrate this event as well. I wasn't aware that Filipinos celebrated, but when I thought about it more, it made sense since they are essentially Chinese-Mexicans... I wasn't aware that Korea was a participant.

For those that care, this is the year of the Dragon. Supposedly in Chinese Zodiac deciphering, the year of the Dragon is the luckiest of all years. I just find it ironic that there are those predicting the end of the world this year. Now tell me how that's lucky...

While we're still alive, I wish everyone prosperity and happiness with all their future endeavors. (it's funny cause I always ended relationships with the same wish... #imajerk)

Get at me people. O_Mega_Tron@twitter and omega_tron@instagram

"What can you say, when you see it all just slip away
wasted opportunities, a chance went begging but you wouldn't play

All you had to do was ask, how quickly the time does pass
everyday gets shorter, see how the years fly by" - Caravan of life

No comments:

Post a Comment